Friday, March 21, 2008

Light-filled lives (part 1)

John 8:12 (MSG) Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

This is an interesting verse... Jesus says His followers won't have to stumble around in darkness. In theory this works great. But I find that, in practice, it's often a different story. I meet so many people that just don't seem to know who they are or what they're supposed to do. It's as if they're walking around in darkness.


But according to this verse, believers don't have to walk in darkness. It's not supposed to be a part of our experience. On the contrary, our lives are supposed to be full of light (read direction, purpose and hope). It is a fringe benefit to "Kingdom life."

No comments:

Post a Comment