- Jn 2:4 He said, "My time has not yet come."
- Jn 7:1-9 He said, "For me the right time has not yet come."
- Jn. 7:30, 8:20 "...they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come."
- Jn 13:1 "Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father."
- Jn 17:1 As Jesus starts to pray, he says, "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you."
This sense of timing enabled Jesus to focus on the task at hand. He never jumped the gun though impatience. And he never missed an opportunity because of indecision. He was always at the right place at the right time... this is truly a formula for success!
What about us? How does this apply to us? We need to understand God's timing as it concerns our ministries. For a few people this is natural, but for most us, this is a learned skill. Time spent with God will sensitize us to His timing, getting us to the right place at the right time. In Jn 16:13, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit will show us things to come.
Take some time today to ask God to begin revealing His timing to you so you can make the divine appointments He has for you!